While this Tech News report is later than usual, there are plenty of major announcements and updates worth looking at. If you had a busy week last week and need to catch up, here’s a tech news recap of articles you may have missed for the week of 04/24/2017!
Last week was full of Microsoft news and updates including, Windows 10 upgrades, security and cloud improvements, and Outlook updates. There is also an in-depth article comparing the big fish in the cloud, including AWS, Azure, and Google. R2Games, Chipotle, and Verizon were all involved in data breach reports and more tops news this week you may have missed!
Remember, to stay up-to-date on the latest tech news throughout the week, follow @GreenPagesIT on Twitter.
Tech News Recap
- Listen to GreenPages Practice Director, David Barter, discuss the recent news and updates from Microsoft this April
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- Microsoft fixes Windows 10 upgrade tempo and timing to placate enterprise
- How to administer Microsoft virtual machines using Hyper-V Manager
- LinkedIn claims half a billion users
- Security, cloud improvements mean 85% of enterprises will move to Windows 10 this year
- Microsoft to slash cloud-connection rights for stand-alone Office
- Why Windows 10 rollout is happening faster than shift from XP to Windows 7
- Microsoft claims shipping giant Maersk as a big cloud win
- Microsoft starts rolling out Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update release
- Cisco switch taps into Time Sensitive Ethernet; software bolsters industrial network management
- Cisco Jasper package manages everything enterprise mobile
- Five pitfalls to avoid when migrating to the cloud
- Deep dive on AWS vs. Azure vs. Google cloud storage options
- Report: 56% of CEO's say digital transformation has increased profits
- Dutch manufacturer turns to SDN to save 30% on network costs
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Healthcare records for sale on Dark Web, another reminder to protect your servers
- The godfather of ransomware returns: Locky is back and sneakier than ever
- Son of Russian MP thrown in US jail for hacking crimes
- FalseGuide malware dupes 600,000 Android users into joining botnet
- R2Games compromised again, over one million accounts exposed
- Chipotle says its payments system was hacked
- Cyberespionage, ransomware big gainers in new Verizon breach report
- Present and future ransomware tactics model the past
- IoT cybersecurity: Cisco backs MUD to protect devices, help channel
- IoT, encryption and AI lead top security trends for 2017
Join us at Boston Summer VMUG UserCon on Thursday, June 1st, 2017!
By Jake Cryan, Digital Marketing Specialist