Earlier this week, Microsoft announced they are offering a free preview of Microsoft Stream, a new business video service. Anyone with a business email can now sign up for a preview. Microsoft's goal of the new offering is to allow employees to communicate and collaborate with video in an easier way. Currently, Microsoft is delivering the following features:
- Sign up in seconds: Get started with Microsoft Stream in as few as five seconds with easy signup and no credit card requirements.
- Easily upload and organize your video: With easy drag and drop capabilities, upload your videos and organize them by either starting a channel or contributing to a channel based on team, group, topic etc.
- Discover relevant content: Enhanced content discovery through “trending” videos powered by machine learning, as well as search by hashtag, most liked videos and other key search terms.
- Watch anywhere, on any device, anytime: View videos in Microsoft Stream on all your devices from anywhere, anytime.
- Secure video management: Manage who views your video content by determining how widely to share within your organization, and to what channels. Secure application access is enabled by Azure Active Directory, a recognized leader in identity management systems, to protect sensitive corporate content.
- Follow what matters: Follow channels to see content you want in your Microsoft Stream homepage.
- Engage with content: Socialize videos by sharing via email, “Like” your favorites and embed videos to webpages within your organization.
To get the full scoop on Microsoft Stream, check out their blog post.
Looking for more information around Microsoft cloud solutions? Download our recent webinar!
By Ben Stephenson, Emerging Media Specialist