Given how busy the holiday season can be, here’s a quick Tech News Recap of articles you may have missed from this week!
Tech News Recap
A newly discovered hack has the United States fearing foreign infiltration. Microsoft acquired Metanautix and messaging app, Talko. Servers used in US bomb threats were seized by German police. WhatsApp was blocked in Brazil, Christmas lights could be slowing down your Wi-Fi connection, Nutanix filed for an IPO, and more top news and articles you may have missed from last week!
- Newly discovered hack has U.S. fearing foreign infiltration
- Microsoft acquires Metanautix to offer enhanced big data solutions
- Facebook scandal or can bug bounties replace traditional web security?
- Servers of email host used in US school bomb threats seized by German police
- Microsoft Buys Talko Messaging App from Ray Ozzie
- Why Christmas Lights Could Be Slowing Your Wi-Fi Connection
- Chobani CIO Creates a Recipe for Business Success
- Pitfalls of Microsoft O365 Migrations Part 1: Mailbox Size, Spam Filtering, & Address Change
- Storage Tech Company Nutanix Files For IPO
- After WhatsApp's Blackout In Brazil, Who Should Hold The Data Keys?
- Better cybersecurity might have saved the Death Star
- From Hello Kitty to Little League Baseball, Companies Are Leaking Kids' Data All Over The Web
- Report: Google to team up with Ford to build self-driving cars
- Turn your smartphone into three interesting, unusual and useful tools
- Holiday travel? Robots will make it easier
- Why Hacking Is An Integral Part of The Future Of The Internet
- How Amazon Delivers Packages in Less Than an Hour
- Big banks battle startups with new apps and services
- A 'street battle' is brewing between Amazon and Microsoft
- Just what do CIOs do all day, anyway?
- Microsoft's 'Hello Cloud Challenge' gives students chance to win $1,000 over Christmas vacation
[Whitepaper: 10 Things You Need to Know About Docker]
By Ben Stephenson, Emerging Media Specialist