Were you busy last week? Here's a tech news recap of articles you may have missed for the week of 1/11/2016!
An issue was found with Fortinet's FortiOS. The issue affects firmware versions 4.30-4.3.17 and 5.0-5.0.7. Customers running a Fortigate Firewall with these versions are advised to upgrade to version 5.2.3. Could there be a ban of encrypted smartphones in New York? The US Intelligence Chief was hacked by the same teen who hacked the CIA Director. Hyatt Hotels said their data breach hit 250 hotels across some 50 countries. Malware alone didn't cause the Ukraine power station outage...and more top news from last week!
Tech News Recap
- Brief Statement Regarding Issues Found with FortiOS
- Malware alone didn't cause Ukraine power station outage
- Apple iPhone ban? New York looks to outlaw sale of encrypted smarthphones
- US Intelligence Chief Hacked by the Teen Who Hacked CIA Director
- Ford: Our new app will be like iTunes, but for cars
- Hyatt Says Data Breach Hit 250 Hotels in Some 50 Countries
- Moving to Hyper-converged from a Traditional Virtualized Environment
- Air Force focused on cloud governance, says CTO
- Uber pushes into public transit with new app partnership
- 10 Medical-Device Wearables To Improve Patients' Lives
- Top 10 Tactics Cities Can Use to Do More with Big Data
- Driving stressed or sleepy? Soon your smartwatch will be able to warn your car
- A dozen Google Chrome extensions to boost your privacy and productivity
- 6 amazing changes that will change the way we do business in the next 5 years
- iPhone 7 Rumors: 7 That Have People Talking
If you're looking for information around migrating and supporting mobile workforces, download this on demand webinar, "Microsoft O365: Expectations vs. Reality"
By Ben Stephenson, Emerging Media Specialist