Were you busy last week? Here’s a quick tech news recap of articles you may have missed from the week of 6/22/2015.
Working to make its public cloud more competitive, VMware has partnered with Bitnami to make using open source apps and development environments on vCloud Air easy. VMware also previewed a Docker runtime that works with vSphere dubbed Project Bonneville. Microsoft has improved visibility into Azure cloud costs and has also tightened up its partnership with Docker.
Tech News Recap
- VMware gets help to build and deploy cloud apps more easily
- Microsoft Improves Visibility Into Azure Cloud Costs
- VMware previews Project Bonneville, a Docker runtime that works with vSphere
- Docker Containers Get Extended By Microsoft
- CFO Data Needs: How IT Stacks Up
- Big Data Moves Toward Real-Time Analysis
- Part 2: Cisco Live 2015 Recap - AWS Direct Connect, VIRL Facelift & More!
- The 4 P's of Transformation
- Firms must keep pace with fast moving cloud market to survive
- Cybercrime: Much more organized
- The Most Important and Often Underinvested IT Function
- Google building data center at Alabama power plant site
- Wireless charging gets faster thanks to new Qi power spec
- A collection of wearable tech developed my MIT
- The Cloud Drives a New Wave of Disruption
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 End-of-Life is right around the corner. Make sure you are properly prepared.
By Ben Stephenson, Emerging Media Specialist