Were you busy this week? Here’s a tech news recap of articles you may have missed for the week of 03/27/2017!
Apple iCloud account beach gets bigger. A scramble at Cisco exposes uncomfortable truths about U.S. cyber defense. How VMware HA works in your data center. Cisco's AppDynamics acquisition is official. Why hybrid IT is the stepping-stone to the enterprise cloud. Leaked records up 566 percent to 4 billion in 2016 and more tops news this week you may have missed!
Remember, to stay up-to-date on the latest tech news throughout the week, follow @GreenPagesIT on Twitter.
Tech News Recap
- Researchers use $5 speaker to hack IoT devices, smartphones, and automobiles
- The Necurs botnet has returned, and it's now being used for stock market scams
- Apple iCloud accounts breach gets bigger: Here's what we've learned
- A scramble at Cisco exposes uncomfortable truths about U.S. cyber defense
- FBI warns of attacks on anonymous FTP servers
- Apple confident its iCloud hasn't been compromised, credentials obtained from a third party
- Blockchain can help secure medical devices, improve patient privacy
- SDN solves a lot of network problems, but security isn't one of them
- Google downgrades trust in Symantec SSL certificates
- Leaked records up 566 percent to 4 billion in 2016
- Trojan source code leak poised to spur new online banking attacks
- Hackers continue to troll LinkedIn
- Skype user hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads
- Custom phishing attacks grow as crooks create fake flight confirmations, receipts
- Non-malware attacks grow -there are tools for IT security to fight back with
- Congress just obliterated Obama-era rules preventing ISPs from selling your browsing history
- VMware vSphere gets much-needed facelift
- How VMware HA works in your data center
- VMware to have a crack at desktops on docked smartphones
- VMware patches critical virtual machine escape flaws
- VMware to end support for third-party virtual switches
- Cisco's AppDynamics acquisition is official, what now?
- Cisco reportedly developing standalone networking OS
- Cisco announces plenty of product updates at Enterprise Connect
- Cisco expands wireless reach with access points, management software
- Microsoft winds up work on Windows 10 Creators Update
- Microsoft: We've got 10 million Insiders testing Windows 10 to keep bugs at bay
- Harnessing Lightning: The Power of DevOps + ITOM
- How Bitly moved to the cloud to save money and future-proof its innovation path
- 95% of businesses have migrated critical applications to the cloud, it's time for you to do the same
- Why hybrid IT is the stepping-stone to the enterprise cloud
- Why hospital data centers are moving to the cloud
- Amazon Connect brings contact centers to the cloud
Software Defined Networking
- What future SDN holds for ethernet in data centers
- Dell EMC VxRail leads college toward software-defined everything
- How will the network manager's role change in the SDN world?
- When deploying SD-WAN technology, do your homework
And these are just cool...
- Inside the world's most bizarre data centers
- Data Center that looks like it should be a villain's lair
Did you miss our recent webinar, “Harnessing Lightning: DevOps + ITOM for Secure & Compliant Hybrid Cloud Ops?”
Click here to download the webinar and find out how to embrace not resist DevOps and transform your IT with a next-gen IT Operations Transformation Framework
By Jake Cryan, Digital Marketing Specialist