Were you busy this week? Here’s a tech news recap of articles you may have missed for the week of 10/10/2016.
VMware and Amazon have announced a new strategic partnership that should have a big impact on the industry. Almost six thousand online shops have been compromised by hackers who added specially crafted code that steals payment card details. Microsoft announced the general availability of Windows Server 2016. The Department of Health and Human Services has published new guidance on complying with HIPAA privacy, security, and breach notification rules when using cloud computing, Cisco and Pure Storage have expanded their FlashStack converged infrastructure offering, and more top news this week you may have missed!
Remember, to stay up-to-date on the latest tech news throughout the week, follow @GreenPagesIT on Twitter.
Tech News Recap
- VMware's new cloud service will run on AWS
- Thousands of online shops compromised for credit card theft
- Windows Server 2016 Released, Touted as Hybrid Cloud Enabler
- Why (and how) Microsoft is circling its hybrid-cloud wagons
- New guidance lays out HIPAA obligations for cloud computing
- Amazon and VMware Are Now Best Friends When It Comes to the Cloud
- Cisco, Pure Storage Expand FlashStack Converged Infreastructure Partnership With New CVDs
- This is the newest tactic cybercriminals are using to deliver ransomware
- 80% Of IT Pros Say Users Set Up Unapproved Cloud Services
- Michael Dell tells IT leaders all they need to know about the new Dell Technologies
- The Path To CIO: Hard Hats, Muddy Boots And Technology
- Putting the "Converged" in Hyperconverged Support
- GreenPages Ranked #24 in the World for Cloud Services and #31 for Managed IT Services
- Cisco CTO and Cloud Exec Exits
- 3 ways to improve customer experience using AI
- Microsoft Draws Up Azure Cloud Blueprint for Government Agencies
- Here's Who Wins and Who Loses Now that Amazon and VMware Are BFFs
- Yahoo shows that breach impacts can go far beyond remediation expenses
- Could this be the end of Samsung's smartphone reign?
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Calls Augmented Reality 'Profound,' Says it Should 'Amplify' Human Contact
- 7 Keys To Building A Successful Big Data Infrastructure
Did you miss VMWorld? Register for our upcoming webinar to get all of the most important updates from Las Vegas and Barcelona.
By Ben Stephenson, GreenPages Technology Solutions