Were you busy last week? Here’s a quick tech news recap of articles you may have missed from the week of 10/13/2014.
Tech News Recap
Another week with some big stories from the industry. EMC bought cloud management vendor Cloudscaling. Meg Whitman faced questions about HP-EMC merger talks. VMware expands its vCloud Air offering. Google widens the downloads lead over App Store. Apple patched 144 security flaws across seven products. VMware's AirWatch Secure Content Locker was named a leader in Aragon Research Globe for MCM. There have also been some important updates around Cisco's ASA line.
- Michael Dell To HP: Dell Is On The Attack, Playing Offense In Midst Of HP 'Chaos'
- VMware expands vCloud Air to help firms move from private to public cloud
- Where giant companies are on their cloud journeys
- Using the cloud to enable a mobile student body
- CIO Focus Interview: Stuart Appley, Shorenstein
- EMC Buys Cloud Management Vendor Cloudscaling
- Snapchat and other online services need to tighten security
- GreenPages Bets Big On New Virtualization Technology
- Whitman Faces Questions About Death of HP-EMC Merger Talks
- CIOs Share Must-Have Cloud Skills
- Google Play widens download lead over App Store, but Apple still wins on revenue
- AirWatch Secure Content Locker named a "Leader" in Aragon Research Globe for MCM
- Average company now compromised every four days, with no end to the cybercrime wave in sight.
- Top CIOs All Share These 10 Traits
- Apple patches 144 security flaws across seven products
- Cisco ASA Line Updates: What You Need to Know
- New iPads on deck: What to expect from the Apple event
- Mark Zuckerberg Was Once on CNN's List of '10 People Who Don't Matter'
What top tech news did we miss? Leave a comment with links to any quality articles from last week that other readers may enjoy! Listen to on-demand webinar to learn how your organization can modernize IT operations by killing the transactional treadmill. By Ben Stephenson, Emerging Media Specialist