Were you busy last week? Here’s a quick tech news recap of articles you may have missed from the week of 1/5/2015.
Tech News Recap
Like last week, there were a good number of articles containing 2015 predictions. These spanned from cloud to software-defined technologies, to networking, to cybersecurity and more. A new study found that that Google Cloud has lost some of its following among CIOs. Verizon announced it would have a 2 day extended maintenance outage. Hackers took down German government sites. Also, more talk around the Sony hacking and its potential ties to North Korea.
- Cue The Latest Cloud Vendor Announcing an Extended Maintenance Outage -- Verizon Cloud Set For 2 Day Blackout
- 2015 Predictions: Cloud and Software-Defined Technologies
- 10 Changes on the Horizon for Networking in 2015
- Can Samsung Find Enough Galaxy S6 Customers in 2015?
- Teachers Will Embrace Student's Smartphone Addiction in 2015
- Top 5 cybersecurity risks for 2015
- CTO Rick Blaisdell looks back on 2014
- 17 gadget hits & flops from the Consumer Electronics Show
- Apple Said to Kick Off SIM-Free iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Sales
- The CIO as a Consultant, Evangelist and Innovator
- Hackers down German government websites
- Google's Cloud Loses Following Among CIOs, Survey Finds
- FBI blames North Korea Again for Sony Big Hack attack
- Books CIOs Recommend to Their Peers for 2015
Download this guide: 4 Reasons Why Visibility and Control Are the Key to a Better Virtual Infrastructure
By Ben Stephenson, Emerging Media Specialist