Were you busy this week? Here’s a tech news recap of articles you may have missed for the week of 9/5/2016!
On Wednesday, Dell Technologies officially launched. This brings together Dell's existing hardware business with EMC including its subsidiaries like VMware, Pivotal and Virtustream. Oracle will be acquiring LogFire - a provider of cloud-based warehouse management applications. Google is acquiring Apigee, the internet could be murdered by a massive solar storm, detailed recaps from VMWorld 2016 and more top news you may have missed this week!
Remember, to stay up-to-date on the latest tech news throughout the week, follow @GreenPagesIT on Twitter.
Tech News Recap
- Meet Michael Dell's New Tech Behemoth
- Oracle will buy cloud warehouse management applications firm LogFire
- VMworld 2016: Cloud Foundation, Cross-Cloud Architecture, & More!
- Five Key Investments to Drive Digital Transformation
- Why Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Slimming Down On Software
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus announced with water resistance, dual cameras, and no headphone jack
- Google to acquire Apigee
- Ransomware prevalent in cloud-based malware
- Here's How Dell Technologies Will Contend With Amazon in Cloud
- Massive solar storm will 'kill' the internet, says space expert
- CIO Spotlight: The next generation of patient engagement
- Ruby creator floats new concurrency model
- IoT sensors improve fishing and farming
- RSA: Expect business as usual now that Dell owns it
- Security an afterthought in connected home, wearable devices
- FBI nabs hackers who allegedly dumped details on government agents
- 3 Tips For Successful IT Talent Retention
- The Shifting Mindset of Financial Services CSOs
Register for our upcoming webinar, “20 Critical Security Controls Every Modern Company Should Have“
By Ben Stephenson, Emerging Media Specialist