Were you busy this week? Here’s a tech news recap of articles you may have missed for the week of 8/1/2016!
Illinois' largest hospital chain agreed to pay a $5.5 million fine for poor data security that led to the exposure of electronic patient records. VMware CTO Chris Wolf hinted that IT pros should expect to see more integration between VMware NSX and Cisco ACI. Appeals have been filed to rehear the case around the FCC's controversial open internet regulation. VMware announced the addition of AirWatch Express, some of techs biggest players are helping put on the Olympics, US internet speeds improve, and more top news from this week you may have missed!
Remember, to stay up-to-date on the latest tech news throughout the week, follow @GreenPagesIT on Twitter.
Tech News Recap
- Illinois hospital chain to pay record $5.5 Million for exposing data about millions of patients
- VMware CTO Wolf: Get Ready For New VMware NSX-Cisco Integration
- Will Supreme Court settle network neutrality issue?
- Cheap and Simple MDM for the Masses!
- How tech's all-stars are playing the Olympics
- GreenPages CEO Predicts Massive Public Cloud Growth
- Supercomputers offer a look at cybersecurity's automated future
- US Internet Speeds Improve, Still Lag Behind Other Countries
- IoT security suffers from a lack of awareness
- 4 Major Vulnerabilities Discovered in HPPT/2 Protocol
- IoT grows crops best, but still too pricey for farmers
- CEO Dupler: GreenPages Is Reinventing Itself, Upping Its Application Game As Cloud Market Moves Into Overdrive
- To fold or not to fold: Will Samsung really launch a bendable phone?
- VCP6-DCV Study Guide
- Cyber-Foes Test IT's Mettle During the Olympics
- Apple's bug bounty program favors quality over quantity
- DDoS Attacks: Cybercriminals Are More Homegrown Than You Think
- How Mobile-First Strategy can Help CIOs to Gain Better Marketshare
- First Look: Google Cloud Machine Learning soars
- Amazon unveils its first branded cargo plane to speed up deliveries
Did you miss our webinar about the current landscape of the hyper-converged market? Download here!
By Ben Stephenson, Emerging Media Specialist