With the year officially coming to an end, I decided to pick our top 10 blog posts of 2014 (in no particular order)...
- The Big Shift: From Cloud Skeptics & Magic Pulls to ITaaS Nirvana - In this post GreenPages' CEO Ron Dupler covers the shift in industry that has disrupted old paradigms and driven uses to embrace hybrid cloud architectures.
- How Software Defined Networking is Enabling the Hybrid Cloud - Networking expert Nick Phelps discusses how software defined networking is enabling the hybrid cloud & creating the networks of tomorrow.
- Have You Met My Friend, Cloud Sprawl? - John Dixon explains cloud sprawl and provides advice for IT departments on how to deal with it.
- A Guide to Successful Big Data Adoption - In this video, storage expert Randy Weis talks about the impact big data is having on organizations and provides an outline for the correct approach companies should be taking in regards to big data analytics.
- Key Announcements from Citrix Synergy 2014 Part 1 and Part 2 - In this 2 part blog series, Randy Becker summarizes the key announcements from the Citrix Synergy event in Anaheim and the impact these changes will have on the industry.
- Don't Be a Michael Scott – Embrace Change in IT - Limitless paper in a paperless world
- Managing Resources in the Cloud: How to Control Shadow IT & Enable Business Agility - In this video, our CTO Chris Ward discusses the importance of gaining visibility into Shadow IT and how IT Departments need to offer the same agility to its users that public cloud offerings like Amazon provide.
- CIO/CTO Interview Series: Stuart Appley, Rick Blaisdell, Gunnar Berger - This year, we started a CIO/CTO interview series on the blog to get the opinions and insights of some of the top thought leaders out there. Above are the first three of the series.
- VDI: You Don't Need to Take an All-or-Nothing Approach - In this video, Francis Czekalski discusses the benefits of not taking an all-or-nothing approach with VDI.
- Network Virtualization: A Key Enabler of the SDDC - This is actually a guest video with VMware's SVP of Networking and Security Business Unit.
Were there any posts you think should have been included on the list that weren't?
By Ben Stephenson, Emerging Media Specialist