What Is the CARES Act?
The Federal government enacted the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act ("CARES Act") which established the Coronavirus Relief Fund and appropriated $150 billion to it.
Who Is Eligible to Receive the Funds?
Funds are allocated to States, Counties, and Municipalities of 500,000 residents or greater. For example, Massachusetts will receive over $2 Billion alone with individual counties receiving different amounts as requested. Hospitals and educational institutions are also eligible.
When Can We Apply?
Now! Check the Treasury Department's website for timing and more details.
What Does the Funding Cover?
Payments from the Fund may only be used to cover costs that are:
- Necessary expenditures incurred due to the COVID-19 public health emergency
- Were not accounted for in the budget most recently approved as of March 27, 2020 (the date of enactment of the CARES Act) for the state or government
- Were incurred during the period that begins on March 1, 2020, and ends on December 30, 2020
What Can We Use the Funds For?
There is a general list of applicable items which you can find here. Below are some examples of the types of services that GreenPages can help you with:
- Equipment and services to enable remote workforces: cloud, connectivity, hardware, software, desktop as a service, security services, help desk services, etc.
- Equipment and services to enable E-learning for educational institutions
- Telehealth equipment and services for hospitals
- COOP Rapid Business Continuity Maturity Assessments
- Distributed workforce management infrastructure services and training
- Any services related to modernizing your infrastructure, protocols, and operating models
We look forward to helping our public sector clients strategize, design, implement, and manage the crucial technologies and IT services you need to serve and protect your communities during this unexpected and disruptive time.
Contact your GreenPages Account Manager to get started or reach out to us!